Virginia Tech have developed a reasonably simple system for classifying the sensitivity of information in research.
This is particularly useful if you are planning research likely to involve sensitive information. It is not particularly detailed, but it is a good first port of call if you think you may be using sensitive data.
- What is Sensitive Information?
- Steps to Protect Participants
- Additional Information to Provide in Consent Form
- Collecting Data About Illegal Activities
- Collecting Data About Suicidal Ideation or Intention